- Why would I choose a synthetic turf rather than natural grass?
Our advanced turf technology is designed to offer playability akin to optimum natural grass year-round without the costly maintenance and use limitations. Not to mention the water saving and reduction in injuries!
At any time you'll have access to an aesthetically pleasing surface that retains its consistency over years of demanding use. Our systems are designed to deliver traction and shock absorption like the very best grass in whatever weather comes your way!
Imagine all the use you'll gain from round the clock year-round, without the expense and work of manicuring, watering, fertilizing and more.
- Does the grass have a warranty?
Yes. We take pride in delivering quality systems and stand firmly behind them. Our comprehensive warranty covers every aspect of the turf, from blades to backing. For product specific warranty details please contact us on 1800 802 570.
- What is TigerTurf synthetic grass made from?
- TigerTurf's synthetic grass is made from polypropylene, polyethylene or nylon yarn. These materials are durable and U.V stabilised for Australian conditions, sourced from the worlds leading yarn manufacturers. The yarn is tufted into a polypropylene backing cloth and rubber back for maximum turf retention.
- How is the grass priced?
The grass is priced on a per square metre basis which is the width of an area times the length.
- Will the grass fade?
No. TigerTurf is U.V stabilised for the Australian climate to minimise any fading and deterioriation.
- Does water drain through the grass?
Yes. In fact, TigerTurf systems have specially designed drainage holes placed consistently throughout the turf to ensure water sheds quickly and efficiently and does not pool on the surface.
Games and practices can often be held during storms or immediately thereafter -- without heightened risk of slipping or injury -- due to these drainage systems and the fibers' ability to shed water quickly.
Sub bases upon which TigerTurf systems are installed should be designed to provide superior drainage properties as well. Recommended specifications are available from TigerTurf to help ensure the entire system, sub base to blades of grass, drains appropriately for years to come.
- How much does a TigerTurf system cost?
We offer a wide range of sport field and landscape systems for all levels of users and budgets. From site specific custom systems and those tested to meet stringent sport governing body requirement to more commonly used products, we can accommodate your needs.
With our 'turn key' operation we're able to offer support and advice from concept to completion.
For a cost estimate for your specific project, please contact TigerTurf on 1800 802 570
- About TigerTurf?
- TigerTurf Australia Pty Ltd is a leading manufacturer of synthetic surfaces, and is a subsidiary of the International TigerTurf organisation, with offices in New Zealand, Australia, UK and USA. TigerTurf is committed to research and development of premium synthetic grass for all sport and landscape applications.
- How big is TigerTurf Australia?
- Founded in 1992, TigerTurf Australia has over 70 employees with representative offices in VIC (Head Office), SA, NSW, QLD and WA. We are a 'full package' company with inhouse capabilities to provide design, quotation, construction, installation and maintenance.
- Where is it made?
TigerTurf has its own manufacturing facilities around the world. TigerTurf in
Auckland has been manufacturing grass for Australia for over 28 years.
TigerTurf At Home
How do i install TigerTurf grass?
- Installation of a perfect synthetic grass is naturally dependent on the quality of workmanship during all stages of the process. We recommend that TigerTurf be installed by qualified contractors to ensure the best result - which you will enjoy for many years.
- Is the grass child and pet-friendly?
Yes. Our grass is made from the highest quality yarns which have no toxic properties. All coatings, backings, glue, etc. that we use in the production process are also non-toxic, suitable for use by children, animals and for the environment.
Any dog mess can be scooped, brushed or hosed away easily.
- What goes underneath the grass?
- The synthetic grasss must be laid on a suitable base - often similar to a paving base. This is a constructed or prepared base which ensures the grass is laid flat and looks natural and great. The installed grass is 'infilled' with with sand or sand & rubber for the most natural look and secure the grass in place.
- Can i purchase grass on a 'supply only' basis?
- Yes. TigerTurf synthetic grass can be purchased on a supply only basis. Our warranty is for the product only and does not cover any faults due to incorrect installation or workmanship. TigerTurf recommends installation by experienced and reputable installers.
What about life's little accidents?
Synthetic grass is very resistant to staining. Spills can be cleaned easily.
Damage to the grass can be repaired, in a similar method to repairing carpet.
What is the cost of fully installed TigerTurf grass at home?
- Site inspections are required to provide full quotations due to sub surface and site conditions. As a guideline, most fully installed synthetic grass areas cost between $80 - 100 per square meter. Calculate your area in square meters, length x width, and multiply by the $ rate factor.
- Where can i purchase TigerTurf or request a quotation visit?
- For residential installations we have a range of trained partners around Australia, who are able to visit you and quote for supply and installation of TigerTurf synthetic grasses. Please contact us on 1800 502 870 so we can direct your enquiry to the most suitable local partner.
- Why is infill important?
Once the grass had been installed, it should then be in-filled with the correct
specification and quantity of sand and/or rubber. The infill is important because
it provides weight to secure the carpet and helps provide support to the grass
fibres thereby improving performance in wear and visual appearance of thelawn. Surfaces that have long pile (+25mm) that claim to require no infill have
proven over many years to have limited life cycle.
- What about poolside?
We do not recommend the use of rubber infill in poolside areas – the granules
may find their way into the pool. Alternately, use short pile, dense grade
products that are adhered to an existing base and due to their structure they
require limited infill. Example of short pile is “Putting Turf” or long pile “Envy or
Summer Envy” with minimum sand infill only.
- I have heard about health and environmental problems relating to synthetic grass, are there any issues we should be concerned about?
- There has been alot of recent claims regarding the safety, health and environmental issues associated with synthetic grass. There are numerous reports from highly reputable independent sources which conclude that synthetic surfaces are safe and do not have a negative impact on humans or the environment. To make it a little easier to understand we have prepared a document 'Synthetic surfaces for sport and recreation - an explanation for potential users'. Please contact us on email@example.com or 1800 802 570 for a copy.