|« News Listing|
Kookaburras train ahead of Champions Trophy on TigerTurf WETT15/07/2010
TigerTurf’s unique hockey surface, WETT, at Aquinas College, Perth, held pre Champion Trophy training sessions for the Kookaburras this week.
Kookaburras coach, Ric Charlesworth, who has heard great feedback about the surface at Aquinas, led his players through individual sessions at the College.
The team departs for Europe on Monday, 19th July to compete in the Champions Trophy in Germany from 31st July to 8th August with some key young players making their mark in the squad. Charlesworth said his decision to play so many young players was done in at attempt to build depth in the squad ahead of the 2012 London Olympics.
Midfield player, Eddie Ockenden says the surface is very important to the players.
TigerTurf WETT is a dense, texturised polyethylene monofilament surface with the added benefits of being able to be played on dry without compromising play characteristics or warranty. Ralph Wood, Senior Vice President Old Aquinians Hockey Club, commented ‘the college really only water the field within the 23m lines, with some players preferring to play on it dry’.
Other features & benefits include:
- FIH Global product approval
- Extremely durable fibre providing a longer life expectancy
- Little sign of deformation or change after extensive wear testing
- Less friction between ball and surface resulting in a faster more consistent game and improved grip that allows the player to dictate the play and not the ground
- A more stable feel under foot
To find our more about TigerTurf's unique WETT surface please contact us on 1800 802 570 or firstname.lastname@example.org
|« News Listing|